Re: Flat car loading guide

Scott H. Haycock

Rick,

My curiosity led me to Google where I found a training manual for military personnel on this subject. While it only contains drawings, not photos, maybe it will help. here's the link:

Scott Haycock

I am wondering if there is anywhere on the web that has typical guides on loading and securing flat cars during the 1950’s.  I know I’ve see these somewhere but can’t seem to find them now.

At this time, I'm especially looking for information on things like the Chooch military loads - tanks and guns.  Since these have "canvas tarps" over them, it may be that some chains or cables from the stake pockets leading under the tarps may be all that's needed.

Thanks

Rick