Re: Calipers & Micrometers

Clark Cooper

Bill,

A few years back General made a plastic dial caliper that read out in HO scale feet and inches. The dial is graduated to 1/2 inch in HO scale, but you can easily eyeball 1/4 inch. It's discontinued, but shows up on eBay occasionally. I have one and it does speed things up.

-Clark Cooper
(the other Iowa Clark)

On Oct 26, 2014, at 10:16 AM, fgexbill@... [STMFC] wrote:

Since I started doing a little pattern work years ago I have learned to keep my Vernier Caliper (or is it Vernier Calipers?) close by and it (or is it they) really have been heaven sent with a structure I am scratch building. Wish I had those PFM 1/87 scale VP's. Anyone know where there is a vintage pair needing a home? The other day I wonder if I should have a Micrometer, although as I think about it I think the answer is "No." Anyone have thoughts about this based on their experience. FYI I am not doing any metal work, just Styrene.

Thank you!

Bill Welch