Re: Calipers & Micrometers

Todd Horton

Bill,  As a long time machinist I can tell you that for modeling all you need is a good set of dial (or digital) calipers.  Todd Horton

From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2014 11:16 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Calipers & Micrometers

Since I started doing a little pattern work years ago I have learned to keep my Vernier Caliper (or is it Vernier Calipers?) close by and it (or is it they) really have been heaven sent with a structure I am scratch building. Wish I had those PFM 1/87 scale VP's. Anyone know where there is a vintage pair needing a home? The other day I wonder if I should have a Micrometer, although as I think about it I think the answer is "No." Anyone have thoughts about this based on their experience. FYI I am not doing any metal work, just Styrene.

Thank you!

Bill Welch