Re: Stripping commercial paint jobs

caboose9792@...

Mr. No Name,
Actually hydraulic fluid must only be a fluid. None of the stuff I work with is thicker than water and in some cases IS water. Example is fireproof hydraulic fluid or Water-glycol. Just wanted to clear that up, ok now back to your regularly scheduled modeling.

Mark rickert

In a message dated 10/27/2014 6:05:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time, STMFC@... writes:

Scalecoat uses Xylene -- I think that's what smells. I don't think there's any
of that in brake fluid either. Remember hydraulic fluid is created from viscous
fluids -- alcohols are anything but viscous.

I can think of a test -- does brake fluid catch fire easily? Because alcohols
and xylene sure will!