Re: NYNH&H Boat Race Car

Jack Mullen

Lehigh Valley operated boat race trains along the east shore of Cayuga Lake for Cornell crew races from the turn of the century until 1936.  In A History of Railroads in Tompkins County, by Hardy Campbell Lee,  several photos show flatcars with apparently temporary bleachers, without roofs. Race trains were also operated for the Intercollegiate Rowing Ass'n national championships on the Hudson at Poughkeepsie, I think on the West Shore. Since railroads often followed the banks of major rivers, I wouldn't be surprised if there were other places this was done.

Jack Mullen