From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2014 8:58 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Swiss pattern & other fine files. Choosing the best for model-making.

On 11/7/2014 7:56 AM, Anspach Denny danspachmd@... [STMFC] wrote:

What choices are other listers -critical about their tools- making in this regard?

What sources exist for the really-small (2”) fine files?

What types, sizes, and cuts of files would listers currently advise as a basic set, taking into account working on resin, styrene, and brass?

    Denny,
(1)    I have always used this criteria  for tools.  If it's you business  and/or profession use the best tools available.  If it's for home owner work use Harbor Freight.  Model making is somewhere in the middle.  So if you do model making as a profession and/or a lot of it for the hobby use very good tools (if they are in your income range).  Otherwise Amazon is your friend.  Stuff from China is usually delivered in about a week or so.

(2)    No comment

(3)    No comment

--

Jon Miller