Re: P2K Tank Cars

Richard Hendrickson

Jon Miller wrote:

Richard,
One more question on the COSX D-X billboard cars. In my time frame with
the KC brakes would they still have archbar trucks?
No, as the (twice delayed) deadline prohibiting arch bars in interchange
took effect in mid-1941. Anyway, the prototype cars were delivered with
ARA cast steel trucks with spring planks and would certainly have retained
those trucks through 1941 (in fact, probably until the cars wre retired).
The closest HO scale truck is the Accurail "Bettendorf" truck.

Also are those LOC photos accessible by internet?
Yes, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Perhaps someone else on the list
can tell you.

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520