Re: RPM etc Display Table Height?

golden1014

Perhaps we should divide all the RPM Meets into two categories: High Table Meets, and Low Table Meets. We could call the meets "High-T" or "Low-T".

"High-T" = No risk of Kids Messing with your Stuff (generally because no one under 40 is present)

"Low-T" = High risk of Kids Messing with your Stuff

St. Louis, for example, would be a "Low-T" meet.  Unfortunately we have plenty of under-40 modelers in attendance which increases the risk of damage exponentially. Our youngest modeler--and he actually is a modeler, and paints and decals his own models per prototype photos--is 8 years old.  We even allow "kids" under 13 to get in FREE with a paid adult admission.

Ironically...even though this is a Low-T/High Risk event we had 40 tables for models in 2014 and it wasn't enough.

And...we've never had a single reported problem with all those pesky kids touching models.  Nevertheless, I'll spend $400-$500 on PVC pipe to reduce the risk, which also means I have to rent linen tables covers at $10/each to hide all that nastiness under the tables.  That's another $400-$500.

I'll continue to pay for the 100 chairs and the $1M insurance policy (no kidding) to ensure your safety and convenience.

Disclaimer: Due to unforeseen expenses the admission at St. Louis just went up from $25 to $50.  See you on Aug 7 and 8, 2015.

John

John Golden
O'Fallon, IL