Re: Semi Scale Wheelsets

Tony Thompson

     I can offer two perspectives on this. First, my own: I use Reboxx almost always, and find the varied axle lengths are essential if you encounter a wide range of trucks. Second, Richard Hendrickson was a great believer in Northwest Short Line wheelsets (available in bulk) and felt that any recalcitrant truck could be brought to the right size with that tool that cuts inside the journal box. Certainly the NWSL wheelsets are beautifully made.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history