Ojai CA

From: "cepropst@q.com [STMFC]"
Now that I’ve rambled on let me get to the reason for this post. How many group members trust what an historical society offers to be reasonably prototypical? I feel the average Joe modeler does.
I was given the opportunity to see a photo of the next cars being offered by the CNWHS at their annual convention next spring. They have chosen to have Accurail do two CGW box cars for them. One is a one only 40’ 8’ door PS1 with a SL badge. The Accurail model’s a fair choice. The second car is a 40’ 6’ door PS1 with DF badge. Does Accurail offer a PS1 with a 6’ door? No. So guess what carbody they put the paint job on? Their 3500 series AAR box car! A completely wrong car! This convention is a joint convention with the UP society. So they reweighed one of the cars with the reweigh station symbol of UP.
To me this is worst than the Atlas tank car goof...They are abusing the modeler’s trust, or showing them little if any respect.

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa