Re: Stock car question

Tim O'Connor

I doubt it was because of "oversize trucks". But it may have been because
the swing of the trucks on 22" HO scale radius curves would interfere with
the sill steps on the corners. So if you narrow the cars you might have to
go with etched steps like those from Yarmouth, or fabricate your own, so
you can bend them outwards -- if you run them on tight radius track that is.

Tim O'Connor

Thanks. That raises a question. If I go to the trouble of narrowing the cars, will they look worse because of the oversize trucks? I can't do much about them.

Alex Schneider