Re: Dowell vs Dow Chemical?

hubert mask

Larry Buell please contact me of list

Hubert Mask

On Nov 22, 2014, at 7:53 PM, "'Larry Buell' lbuell@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

I worked for Dowell from June, 1973 until April, 1976, before I went to work for the Santa Fe Ry.  The full name of the company was Dowell Division of Dow Chemical.  The headquarters was in Midland, MI at that time.  Dowell was later taken over by Slumberger, a French-American joint venture, IIRC, in the oil patch.  Dowell got its start after Dow management realized the potential for improving the output of oil/gas wells after acidizing some of Dow’s brine wells and noting the output improvements.