Re: embossed aluminium foil boxcar ends

Scott H. Haycock

K&S has a line of foils called "Create With Metal" that you can get in the dollhouse section of Hobby Lobby. I bought a roll 12" by 30" of 40 gauge (0.003") copper for flashing on structures. I suspect it would work in this application as well. I also think it could be used to patch X29 boxcars, and make gusset plates for outside braced boxcars as well, although I haven't tried these things.

Scott Haycock

    Never tried it but am thinking .005 (or .006/.007) would work in either copper or aluminum.

--

Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941