SHAKE N TAKE Scope of Project and Sign UP Begins.

Greg Martin

Hey Yuze Gize,

READ and PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND ON LIST OR TO MIKE BROCK DIRECT.

PLEASE CONTATCT ME OFF-LIST AT:  tgregmrtn@...

This is the official announcement for the 2015 Prototype Rails SHAKE N TAKE for our 15th annual event and it promises to be a "Bash at the Beach".

Space is limited to thirty (30)  members, twenty (22) spots via the Internet and eight (8) at the registration table as you walk in.    There are no provisions for sign up with registration. We will take 10 spots for alternates as things can change. There will also be plenty of handouts available for those that wish to follow along and perhaps model this at home as we have done in the past.

This year with the help from Athearn Trains our project will be an AC&F ~ built Rock Island 40-foot Double Door boxcar in series 161000-161349. The ends will be a composite (resin) and reproduced by Aaron Gjermundson as well  a fishbelly side sill.

The donated kits comes from Athearn and will include RTR 40-foot double door boxcar that will need to be disassembled and stripped before the conversion.

Steve Hile is working on the Rock Island white decals and Black and White herald.

Steve Hile has also agreed to open with the documentation of this series car and this is the last project that Richard Hendrickson had ask me to research and consider, there are other that were on our bucket list.

If there is enough appeal we will consider Aftermarket parts that will be a separate sign up sheet.

I will post the SIGN UP Sheet and AFTERMARKET Sheet separately once the spots are full on the SHAKE N TAKE list and the STEAM ERA FREIGHT  CAR LIST only.

Thank You,

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean