Re: MDC 40-ft SD & DD steel boxcar

Tom Madden

Tim wrote:

"Bill Welch is one of the best modelers I know, so if harvesting rivets
from blue box cars works for him, then I say leave well enough alone. :-)"

I have a car sideĀ pattern Bill did using harvested rivets, and it's spectacular. Castings from itĀ can't be marketed because of dimensional variations in the resin kit it was intended to upgrade, but it's still a treat to work with such jewels. I have trouble maneuvering individual Archer rivets into position, and they ride on little squares of decal film. I can't imagine positioning and bonding individual harvested styrene rivets. I am in awe of those who can.

Tom Madden