Re: the riddel of the rivets, was MDC 40-ft SD & DD steel boxcar

Charles Peck

While there are several refuges where rivet counters may find solace in companionship,
the real esoterics are those who measure rivets.
Joe, "I'll need to use three quarter rivets on this job."
Bill, "Use five eights, Joe, to allow for the paint on them."
Joe, "Well sure, but I need cone head rivets, not round head."

Folks, I'm not Joe or Bill but I respect those of you who see yourselves in these words.
Chuck Peck

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

There is also the "resinfreightcars" discussion group, and P:48 modelers,
both of which seem populated with rivet counters. :-)

Tim O'Connor