Re: Car weight question

Bill Vaughn

Light weight is within 100 pounds.  So variances in steel, trucks etc etc, could change the weight.  Remember light weight in our era of modeling was used for billing.

Bill Vaughn

On Friday, December 5, 2014 4:23 PM, "richtownsend@... [STMFC]" wrote:

I've seen cases where that is the case, but I don't know with respect to those specific trucks.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierre Oliver pierre.oliver@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Fri, Dec 5, 2014 1:35 pm
Subject: [STMFC] Car weight question

I'm looking at a certain class of boxcar that was built with 3 different styles of trucks through it's series. ASF A-3, Sullin and Buckeye trucks.
Would there have been enough difference in the weight of the different trucks to have the different build orders show different "Light weight" stencils on the cars?
--
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com