Re: D&RGW Cookie Boxcars sidesills

George Courtney

Garth,

    I'm modeling in S scale and have a already painted 1937 AAR car.  A twelve panel car isn't available and more work than I want to do for his project.  I do have a photo off Sunshine of the D&RGW Superior door car in red numbered 69849.  I'm presuming that this car's photo with a Youngstown door is a good guide to use in making changes?
    I deeply appreciate your mentioning the car in Albuquerque.  Somewhere in my basement storage area is irrefutable proof that Keebler shipped a car to the Intermountain Wholesale Grocer on my layout.  I would be happy to reproduce it, but it would take at least 20 years to dig that info out.  But trust me, it's there.(8-)
   Also, kudos to whomever posted the site with the Sunshine Models flyers.  As a S scaler that has been invaluable in doing research.  I'm not a good modeler, but I try to get close enough models as possible for my skills.

George Courtney