From: "Ray Breyer rtbsvrr69@... [STMFC]"
To: "STMFC@..."
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Bridge Traffic and Stock cars

On the Library of Congress website, there are several photos of NP, CB&Q and NYC stock cars at rthe IHB's Calumet (Chicago) resting yard. These loaded stock cars are bypassing the Union Stock Yard and are heading both East and West.

And yes, stock cars were interchanged every day, just like every other revenue freight car. If nothing else, stock cars were used to haul much more than animals, since idle freight cars don't make railroads any money.

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

Posted by: Ray Breyer

.