Re: GN 50' SS box cars

Staffan Ehnbom

The Howe truss cars were built in 1924-1926. Later cars built in 1926-1929 were Pratt truss.

Staffan Ehnbom

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 9:29 PM, ed_mines@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Several of these cars appear in an episode of the 1950s TV show "Highway Patrol". I noticed they have the less common Pratt trusses (diagonals are at the car bottom adjacent to the door{s}). I see the same thing on the models offered by Westerfield.

On page 193 of Ted Cullotta's plastic cover, spiral bound box car book it shows a similar car with the more common Howe trusses (diagonal braces at the top of the car adjacent to the door).

Were the diagonals changed?

Comments?

Ed Mines