From: "Tony Thompson tony@signaturepress.com [STMFC]" <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
To: "STMFC" <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>; "Espee List" <Espee@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: "Sandra Hendrickson" <rhendrickson@opendoor.com>; "John Signor" <sstudio@snowcrest.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 11:33 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Richard Hendrickson photo collection

The entirety of Richard Hendrickson's photo collection, heavily oriented toward freight cars (and the Santa Fe) has now been transferred to the California State Railroad Museum, along with most of his books, including ORER and Cyclopedia copies, his sets of freight car diagrams from a variety of railroads, and his many folders of research; notes. How soon the material may be accessible depends on CSRM archive recording and placement for use, but I would assume not excessively long.
I did not attempt to count the photo collection. Richard said more than once that it exceeded 30,000 photos, and having had it in my garage for awhile, I am sure that was no exaggeration. I believe it to be an unequalled research resource for freight cars, and it will now be accessible into the future.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history

Posted by: Tony Thompson <tony@signaturepress.com>

Yahoo Groups Links