Mystery Gondola Kit

Gary Roe

I have a couple gondola "kits" that were acquired from the estate of a friend of mine who was a prototype modeler and Texas & Pacific fan.  The kits consist of nothing more than the two sides and ends (which are injection molded), and some very basic (useless) instructions.  The sides scale 51'-6" long, and measure 3'-6" above the row of rivets representing where the floor would be.  The sides are fish belly and have 15 panels.  The ends are fixed, flat plates with two vertical braces above the coupler pocket.  There is a photocopy of the sides and ends with the name T. C. Schmidt printed on it.

I know this is a long shot; but does anyone have an idea of what prototype this is supposed to represent?  My friend modeled the late WWII era, so I assume these are for a car from that era; but that could be a bad assumption.

Any leads will be much appreciated.  Thanks!

gary roe
quincy, illinois