Re: Fw: LS&I Boxcar

Misc Clark

Curt, what makes you think the photo was taken in the Vancouver area? It looks to be part of a compendium of freight cars, not necessarily ones found in the Vancouver area...
Clark Cone

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 12:23 PM, curtfortenberry@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

From a post on the yooperrails group, a link to a shot of a new fresh LS&I PS-1 boxcar.

Curt Fortenberry

I just saw a picture of a Lake Superior & Ishpeming boxcar on, of all places, the City of Vancouver Archives. I have a few questions. How many boxcars did/does the LS&I have? What for? And why would an LS&I boxcar be way out in Vancouver? Just curious. Here is that shot if anyone wants to look:

Lake Superior and Ishpeming Rly. Co. [Boxcar #2403] - City of Vancouver Archives http://searcharchives. vancouver.ca/lake-superior- and-ishpeming-rly-co-boxcar- 2403

Lake Superior and Ishpeming Rly. Co. [Boxcar #2403] - City of Vancouver Archives

Rich Draxler