Re: Broadway Limited 70-ton offset Quad hopper

I have 2 undecorated 1932 cars from Atlas. 1 that matches up well for an SAL B-6 (except brake wheel) and the Viking roof, Dreadnaught end version that matches up well for the Nickel Plate. I have not found anything wrong with either.

Rich Christie

On Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:04 PM, "Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Steve

I thought Atlas only one did one car with multiple ends and roofs ... I don't
own any examples of either. I guess I was thinking of the disparaging comments
on the rebuilt cars.

>Tim--Do you really mean the Atlas 1932 ARA cars or did you intend to cite the Atlas rebuilds, which were truly awful? I found no significant disparaging comments on the 1932 cars in the archives here, and I found them quite good, appreciating Atlas efforts to do multiple correct configurations. Some might have required revised brake equipment locations, but isn't that we do here?
>
>I agree about the BLI NYC steel cars; they are quite nice. Certainly they benefited from having Richard Hendrickson (and others here) involved.
>
>Wow. We sure have come a long way from scraping ladders and grabs off Athearn and MDC boxcars.
>
>Anxiously awaiting Brian's review of the hopper tonight. I have a B&O version waiting for weathering.
>
>Steve Hoxie
>Pensacola FL

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.