Re: ACF reefer question

Douglas Harding

Dave, Branchline did a wonderful HO kit of the URTC 40’ reefer that was based upon an ACF design of the early 20’s which was the car used by many. They even offered it in Heileman Beer lettering. The car is now offered by Atlas as a RTR in their master car line. The kit offered two different styles of ice hatch covers. I’m not sure if Atlas if offering that option. And I don’t know if Atlas is doing the Heileman lettering. But the kits are readily found on ebay and at train shows. You might want to compare this car to the Westerfield offerings.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org