prototype for MDC truss-rod caboose?

D. Scott Chatfield

Is there a prototype for MDC/Roundhouse's 30-odd foot truss-rod wood caboose?
I've got one here that has a cupola whose roof has a bell-curve shape, which
I've seen on their drovers caboose, but not on this 3-window cab. Perhaps
the original owner swapped cupolas? Anyhow, it has a slightly NYC look, but
I wonder if there was a better match.

This is the caboose with the double-sheathed sides, not the single-sheathed
truss-sided version. Here's an example with the regular cupola:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Roundhouse-MDC-HO-Chicago-North-Western-Old-Time-Caboose-Kit-NIB-/281557124238?pt=Model_RR_Trains&;hash=item418e1cc48e

Here's a drover caboose with the funky cupola that my model has:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Roundhouse-MDC-HO-John-Allen-Tribute-G-D-Old-Time-Dovers-Caboose-Upgraded-Exc-/271734056486?pt=Model_RR_Trains&;hash=item3f449ca626

My thinking if it is close to a New York Central caboose a friend's railroad
can use it, since NYC steam-era cabooses are hard to come by. I know that
many NYC cabooses had very low cupolas.

Thanks
Scott Chatfield