Re: Bozos and Athearn container gondolas

Mikebrock

Ben Hom notes about the Athearn gon:

"This is the model that spurred the formation of the STMFC group when Richard Hendrickson stated on the now defunct Freight Car List that the target audience for this model was "toy train bozos", a characterization some members took as a green light to start a flame war."

And established a rule in the new STMFC that Richard...and only Richard...was allowed to refer to anyone as a Bozo. As far as I know, I think I escaped such recognition...but only barely.

Speaking of the Athearn gon, I used two to build an ATSF GA-55 65' [?] gon which still wanders around my layout.

Mike Brock