Re: Bobs photos

Andy Harman

Missed Cocoa Beach this year for the first time in 15 years. I am once again self employed after 12+ years at a pretty nice job with benefits. I could have made the trip but the focus now needs to be on building my new business and working on my contacts. I have some great relationships with some very smart people and I've spent 2015 so far doing a lot of communicating, and building models late night on the bench.

As far as Bob's photos, one thing I fail to do pretty much at every show is prepare myself for the photo vendors. I end up just randomly browsing and buying stuff that catches my eye or is appropriate, but I have a bad habit of buying duplicates because the pics I bought last year are still in the bag. I started to work on that by going through my prints and organizing them by road into folders, and I had a few dupes but not as many as I feared. When I go to a show - probably Marion next - which I missed in 2014 due to an unscheduled trip to Pluto - I need to have some idea what I'm looking for, because I simply don't have the time to go through every bin. Just an example... L&N freight cars. They fit my era and location - Monon as well - but I rarely think about them when I'm digging through the N&W and Wabash stuff.

Andy