From: STMFC@... [STMFC@...]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:24 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Ye Old X29

Bruce showed patches that were both half width (that is, from the end to the door, on both sides of the door) as well as individual panel patches.

Being naiive and unfamiliar with the RC X29 model, and the PRR in general, how did RC patch it? What was usually done?

Yes, I've learned the addage "every modeler ends up being a PRR modeler." I'm just way late to the game on this one.

Arved Grass
Arved_Grass@... or Arved@...
Fleming Island, Florida

To: STMFC@...
Date: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 2:48 PM

Jim

True, and RC did a good job -- but it's only ONE of the
carbody styles and

they made 4 different bodies (1923, 1924, 1928 and a version
with dreadnaught

ends). 1950's modelers need to patch all of them.

Tim O'Connor

>I'm sure the etched panels are beautiful, but you
should know that Red Caboose released a run of X29 with a
'patch' side: RC-7201.

>Jim Hunter

Posted by: Arved Grass <arved_grass@...>

Yahoo Groups Links