Re: Car Weights

Andy Harman

At 10:21 PM 1/16/2015 -0500, you wrote:
I was wondering what other modelers are using for car weights on close sided cars? I am looking at the most cost effective for doing this. I ve used 5/8 nuts as weights but those aren t cheap. If this has been discussed in the past, I missed it, I apologize for the replay.
I ordered a big roll of sheet lead from McMaster-Carr back about 10 years ago, cost me about $70 including shipping. Can cut it with scissors, form it to shape, stack it and glue it with cyanopoxy and use it about anywhere. Sure beats shot. The big steel nuts are ok providing they don't break loose - super glue isn't so super where steel is involved.

Andy