From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2015 6:38 PM
To: 'Steve and Barb Hile' shile@... [STMFC]
Subject: [STMFC] UTLX Tank Car Designations

Steve:

Back in November, you straightened me out on UTLX's use of the "Z" designation for tank cars not of their design (i.e., not X-3s).  I am looking at another LifeLike P2k kit for an AC&F Type 21, this one 8000 gallons.  It has "Z20" stenciled on the end. The build date is 1920.

Do you know was the UTLX practice to stencil the Z followed by the build year, or is there another explanation here?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Dave Parker

Riverside, CA