From: STMFC List <STMFC@...>
Date: Monday, January 19, 2015 at 6:48 PM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] History of Bev-Bel

Bev-Bel was a hobby distributor in Cresskill, N.J. that was best known for
its custom decorating of Athearn and other rolling stock. They did a really
nice job.

Beverly Belkin and her husband Irv were the owners. Bev's name provided the
Bev-Bel.

I met them back in the 1990s and the business was being phased out as Bev
and the others were way past retirement age.

I believe Athearn's sale and decision to stop producing blue box kits,
leaving them nothing to decorate, helped bring about the end as well.

This is from the Walther's website:

Bev-Bel Corp., located in Cresskill, New Jersey, was founded in 1956 by
Irvin & Beverly Belkin. Bev-Bel produces limited runs of roadnames and
schemes not generally produced by major manufacturers, along with
special-appeal rolling stock such as Christmas, 4th of July, Americana and
Mexicana Models® series. Each run has its own distinct cab and car numbers.

Dave Owens
West Hartford, Conn.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 7:30 PM, fgexbill@... [STMFC]
<STMFC@...> wrote:

I have a whole box of Athearn Blue Box 40-ft steel boxcars painted very nicely
by Bev-Bel. Curious about this company as it sounds like they put their name
on some kits. I am wondering if someone could provide a short history of this
company please?

Bill Welch

--
2015 New England/Northeast Prototype Modelers Meet
May 29-30, 2015 (Always the weekend after Memorial Day)