Re: cooper black italic font on railroad cars

Tony Thompson

Brother William Bryk wrote:

It is a somewhat cheeky answer.  Moreover, I don't have the correct one.  But I think overlooking the issue of font v. stencil and simply addressing whether any railroad used lettering in the style of Cooper black italic on their rolling stock would have been more helpful and, perhaps, even fraternal, as this hobby is something of a brotherhood.

   Say, brother, the type geeks and font snobs are a brotherhood too.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history