I still can't believe anyone still uses Squadron.

I think I'm going to pull out the kit and start troweling some Cypox on the sides.

Sent from my overpriced graham cracker

On Jan 29, 2015, at 11:49 PM, "'Bruce F. Smith' smithbf@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

The Q1 2015 edition of the NYC Modeler has an article by Seth Larkin on building some AMB kits and he converted one to a plywood sided car with Squadron white putty to fill in the grooves.  It seemed to work fairly nicely.  I suppose that you could also contact AMB to see if they would cut plywood sides for you...

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

From: STMFC@... [STMFC@...]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:35 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: RE: [STMFC] e bay chuckle

Andy the sides in the AMB kit may not be reversible, depending upon window placement, etc. It they are exact duplicates you could swap the two sides and have the smooth side out. But more they are not exact duplicates, in which case you would be better off using the sides as patterns to cut smooth sides out of styrene. Then you have the task of attaching styrene to wood.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org