Southwest Models Door Application Data Base: Is there one?

Bill Welch

A few months ago Andy Carlson offered the very nice door offered by Southwest Models and I ordered everything except the unique SP door as I had already built a model with that door. I ordered the door because I did not have any and because things goes out of production and I wanted to make sure I had at least one of everything "just in case."

I was looking at them today and wondered if there is a database that identifies which groups of cars each type of door was applied to. I did check the Steam Era Freight Car website but did not see anything but could have missed it.

Is there a spread sheet somewhere that provides some guidance as to when to use these very fine doors?

Bill Welch