From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 8:19 AM
To: STMFC@...
Cc: mamfahr@...
Subject: [STMFC] Can you ID this 1957 TOFC?

Hi Folks,

               Does anyone recognize the trailer/flat combination (owner, roadname, dimensions, etc).  In this 1957 photo:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=3590411 ?  It’s the 6th car behind the locomotive.

               My friend Mark Amfahr would like to try to model it in HO scale.  He says that this is the earliest evidence he’s found of TOFC moving across Nebraska.  UP did have regular TOFC operating many years before this (1953) but those services were limited to specific lanes for company-sponsored LCL traffic (LA-LV/SLC, for example), as opposed to the Overland Route shipment shown in the photo which appears to be non-UP equipment & traffic, possibly from a freight forwarder.

Thanks!

-Jeff

P.S. Tim O’Connor, if appropriate, could you fwd this to the BBFCL? – I suspect there are additional TOFC experts there.