From: Thomas Baker bakert@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC Sent: Wed, Feb 18, 2015 8:21 am
Subject: [STMFC] Fonts for railroad lettering

Back in the Fifties, the period I model, the railroads used a variety of fonts, depending upon someone's choice at a particular railroad.  Until recently I had relied on Jerry Glow's outstanding selection for my decal needs.  Now I see the necessity of accessing a source of fonts so that I can create my own artwork on the computer.  Jerry must have had such a lettering program available to him.  Does someone out there know of a lettering/writing program that displays fonts of various railroads?   I have created a limited amount of artwork from my writing program, but finding the variety to match the lettering of some railroads requires a specialized program.  Any recommendations?

Tom Baker