From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 3:12 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [STMFC] 1950s SP freight yard

Leonard Nemoy's death reminds me that he appeared in a 1958 TV show episode of Highway Patrol taking place in an SP freight yard.

The freight yard has a surprising number of single sheathed cars, mostly GN 50 ft, single door box cars. I would had thought that most wood sided cars were gone by then.

I've noticed that soem of these 50 ft. SS, GN box cars have Pratt trusses and some have the more common Howe trusses. Anyone have an explanation?

Ed Mines

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE