Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 8:07 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Wood running boards

Funny about RR nomenclature. I cringe every time I read or hear spoken "Outside Braced" to refer to single sheathed freight cars. When it comes to the boards provided by the RRs for passage of workers, I like the term "Roof Walk", and though I am reminded often that this is not an "appropriate" term, I use it more often than "running board". As was mentioned, the term is recognized easily for what it is, but I wouldn't consider myself to be "less informed" for using it. Maybe just slightly rebellious?

YMMV
-Andy Carlson
Ojai Ca