Re: Digital Images - University of Kentucky's Digital Library

Schuyler Larrabee

LaBelle makes (or made) a model of what could well be this specific car.  I built it longer ago than I want to think about, as a teenager.  Still have it, too.  It may have straight-pin Kadees on it, and IIRC, pizza cutter wheels.  Hard not to break off the railings.  I should dig that car out . . .

Schuyler

Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Digital Images - University of Kentucky’s Digital Library

Scott Haycock wrote:

Here's an interesting tank car. The photo is undated. Does anyone know about these cars?

    Many tank cars around the end of the 19th century had side walkways like this. See any historical collection.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...

Publishers of books on railroad history