Re: Bettendor Tanks Cars

Armand Premo

Nomenclature:While there are technical terms,railroad men had their own terminology for equipment and the various jobs on and around the property.I am sure we can all come up with a list of some of these  slang terms.Van,Caboose,way cars,buggies,bobbers,Car knockers,Hogs and hogheads just to mention a few,Hanging around  railroad men one would come up with terms that were probably unique to a particular railroad and spiced their vocabulary.The terms varied from road to road and job to job.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2015 5:48 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Bettendor Tanks Cars

Only one, and it's only included to illustrate a Bettendorf truck user.  The car is lettered for the Carstens Packing Co, a Tacoma, Washington concern.  It  was built by Seattle Car & Foundry Co., and has the side door offset WAY to the left.

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV

No virus found in this message.