Re: Second and last batch of Hendrickson styrene kits

Armand Premo

Tony,May I see Richard's list?Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Thompson tony@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...>
To: "STMFC" <STMFC@...>; "abrown@... [resinfreightcars]" <resinfreightcars@...>
Cc: "Tom Lawhorn" <t.lawhorn@...>; "Jerry Azzaro" <jerry_azzaro@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 1:56 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Second and last batch of Hendrickson styrene kits

I am announcing today a sale of the last part of Richard Hendrickson's reserve of HO scale styrene kits, along with some ready-to-run cars, many of which are out of production, so this is an opportunity for many of you. The list is attached below, for this batch, including a Trix potential kitbash of a UP box car. You will note that there are some special-run cars, identity shown in parentheses.

Let me clarify what these sales are about. I know it was Richard's wish that these models find good homes, and that is why they are first being offered here. They can of course be readily sold on eBay, but before that, are offered here for those who might want them.

I will conduct the sale in the following way. Anyone wishing to buy kits should submit a bid directly to me, one and only one bid per kit, though of course you might wish to bid on more than one kit. [PLEASE remember to submit bids OFF the list, directly to me.] The highest bid for each kit will win, or, in case of a tie, the earliest bid will win.

The deadline for bids will be noon, Pacific time, on Wednesday, March 11. I will notify winning bidders promptly with payment instructions. If you do not hear from me by 3 PM Pacific time on March 11, 2015, you were not the successful bidder. I greatly prefer PayPal and will notify winners how to proceed on that; if PayPal is impossible for you, a check or money order is possible (include that information in your bid), and again, I will notify you how to submit it.

Minimum bid on each kit is $12, plus a nominal $6 for shipping for the first kit, $2 for each additional kit. These are only estimates of shipping costs, and your PayPal invoice will include ACTUAL shipping and insurance. All net revenue goes to Richard's widow Sandra. Kits remaining unsold on March 11 will go on eBay later. Following this batch of kits, there only remain a few in-progress or "part-done" cars. I am also trying to work out a way to sell some of the completed and weathered cars.

Tony Thompson
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705
(510) 540-6538; e-mail: tony@...

List of styrene kits and ready-to-run

KITS
Proto2000
40-ft. Mather single-deck stock car, CNW 36519
8000-gallon riveted tank car, black, Shell, SCCX 1477
8000-gallon riveted tank car, black, GATX 50721
8000-gallon riveted tank car, black, Union Oil 8012
52� 6� mill gondola, drop ends, WP 6590

Red Caboose
Steel reefer, SFRD 35715, SL map, El Capitan

Red Caboose / Des Plaines Hobbies
Double-door 40-ft. box car, Soo 75824, black herald

Rib Side Cars
40-ft. box car, short ribs, single door, MILW 21329

Trix/Marklin 40-ft. box car, ACR, UP B-50-27, OSL189777
(replace underframe)

Branchline
1401 40-ft. postwar AAR box car, A&WP 37646
1409 40-ft. postwar AAR box car, D&H 17782
1425 40-ft. postwar AAR box car, NP 29506
1435 40-ft. postwar AAR box car, Wabash 7131
1612 40-ft. postwar AAR box car, 7-ft. door, WP 20715
40-foot postwar AAR box car, silver, W. Ry. of Ala. 17612
40-ft. postwar AAR box car, 7-ft. door, NKP 5092 (NKP Society)
40-foot postwar AAR box car, ITC 6532
40-ft. wood reefer, gray, North Western, NWX 15103

READY TO RUN cars
Walthers
GACX 50-ft. wood reefer, TWO-PACK, REX 1592, REX 1865

Red Caboose Ready to Run
40-ft. stock car, SP 73705, post-�52, extended letterboard

InterMountain Ready to run
53�6� 70-ton flat car, ATSF 91645
53� 6� 70-ton flat car, NYC 499706
8000-gallon tank car, silver, Phil. Quartz, PQCX 111 (PCR-NMRA)
AAR alternate-standard 2-bay hopper car, C&I 4693
AAR alternate-standard 2-bay hopper car, GA-54, ATSF 180947
40-foot Caswell gondola, AB brakes, painted, unlettered
40-foot Caswell gondola, AB brakes, painted, unlettered
40-foot Caswell gondola, K brakes, painted, unlettered
modified 1937 40-foot AAR box car, Southern 22975
modified 1937 40-foot AAR box car, IHB 10723
modified 1937 40-foot AAR box car, Southern 22975
modified 1937 40-foot AAR box car, Bx-43, ATSF 144574

Rapido
GATC 37-ft. meat reefer, American Stores, GARX 1916
GATC 37-ft. meat reefer, GARX 3494
GATC 37-ft. meat reefer, GARX 3498

Yahoo Groups Links

-----