Re: it's all paper

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Friends,

I am cautiously experimenting with paper models, mostly for structures. That said, I scratchbuilt a pair of On30 English platform cars, and have built one tank using a plumbing fitting with an adapted paper wrapper from Clever Models. I wasn't completely pleased, but the second will be better, and I may try again on the first. The nice thing was that the Clever Models kits are printed out on my computer, and I was able to add lettering of my own right onto the wrapper.

This method of using a paper wrapper was very common before styrene cars became the norm. Manuta and others offered cars with a paper wrapper around a wooden or steel core, with diecast frames and details.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On Mar 3, 2015, at 10:37 PM, 'Schuyler Larrabee' schuyler.larrabee@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

When I wrote last night, speculating what Mike Bauers was talking about with his “photo-real modeling,” I mentioned a web page with all modeling done with paper.  It took me a while to find this, but take a look at these images:

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42297

Schuyler