From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 9:12 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Hendrickson Completed Cars

A sniper, whether automatic or manual, can only win by bidding more than you did. If the picture is worth $10.00 to you, how can you complain if it is worth $10.50 to someone else?

If you bid less than you are willing to pay, of course you are vulnerable to getting sniped by someone who ends up paying a price you would have been willing to pay. If you bid your full price you may get lucky and get it for less.

Alex Schneider

On Monday, March 9, 2015 10:00 AM, "lucas@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

All that putting stuff up for sale on ebay does is award product to the bidder with the best auto-snipe programme.  It's entertaining to see the auto-snipes come in and raise prices thirty seconds before closing on an item.

A well-known poster on this list and I wanted to purchase some photos from a certain author who instead put them all up on ebay--I got tired of being sniped three seconds before closing.

Compliments to you for sticking with the sealed bid fomat, Tony.

Steve Lucas.