Re: SP-UP Ogden yard photo

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor wrote:

There's a bunch of beautiful photos in this collection, but I especially like this one -- notable because at least EIGHT of the box cars in this one "random" shot belong to the Pennsylvania railroad. As Tony has said many times, we are all PRR modelers. :-)

http://donstrack.smugmug.com/UtahRails/Roger-Kingsford-Photos/i-zngNrV8/0/X3/sp-ogden-yard-2_kingsford-X3.jpg

    Tim is right about the PRR cars, but I confess my eye went first to the lovely string of PFE cars in the background, with a truly wonderful range of weathering. How many readers of this list can boast a similarly-varied string of reefers in their collection? (I'm working on mine, but not there yet.)

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history