Re: an old Rock Island flat car

Todd Horton

That car was in very good condition for its age.  Todd Horton

From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 12:17 AM
To: stmfc@...; RI_models@...
Subject: [STMFC] an old Rock Island flat car

I uploaded a photo I took of what I think is RI 92103, listed
as one of 3 43 foot flat cars in this series in 1955. I zoomed
in and also loaded a scan that shows the truck in more detail,
which I think is a USRA style Andrews truck. The scans are made
from a photo print so the quality is only so-so.

I took the pictures in July 1992 in Grafton Massachusetts, where
the Grafton & Upton short line connected to Conrail's ex-Boston
& Albany mainline between Boston and Worcester MA.

RI 92103 --
https://www.flickr.com/photos/45425384@N04/16585363399/in/set-72157650860825108

The truck on the B-end --
https://www.flickr.com/photos/45425384@N04/16585362959/in/album-72157650860825108/