Re: an old Rock Island flat car

destorzek@...

---In STMFC@..., <timboconnor@...> wrote :

I uploaded a photo I took of what I think is RI 92103, listed
as one of 3 43 foot flat cars in this series in 1955. I zoomed
in and also loaded a scan that shows the truck in more detail,
which I think is a USRA style Andrews truck.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/45425384@N04/16585362959/in/album-72157650860825108/

Tim O'Connor

Definitely NOT the USRA truck, which were modern, for the time, U section trucks. The truck in the photo has the older T or L section sideframes, which were banned from interchange early.

I think the older Kadee Andrews truck is close to this truck; don't know if the same truck is part of their upgraded truck line.

Dennis Storzek