Re: Air Erasers or Abrasion Guns

mwbauers

WEAR A MASK !!!

You will otherwise be inhaling fragments of decals, paint, and sometimes rust. A safer blast medium is not your only concern.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Mar 12, 2015, at 8:22 PM, David bott wrote:

I used the wrong term in biodegradable. Small amounts of sodium bicarbonate can be absorbed in the lung mucus and then excreted, whereas aluminum oxide would not and would create longer lasting and more deleterious effects in the lungs as the body tried to get rid of it. Size always matters and I typically wear a filter mask and would never recommend inhaling large clouds of any particulate, but in the trace amounts you might inhale even with precautions biochemistry matters too. I'd rather inhale a small amount of sodium bicarbonate than aluminum oxide. Your preferences may vary.

Despite the numbers on the MOHs scale, sodium bicarbonate has been effective for me in removing decals and paint from styrene and brass on my models. .................