Re: Random Thoughts from my two articles in Volume 3 of Speedwitch's Modeling Journal

mwbauers

I think you guys are overlooking the roadblock of financial success.

According to the recent closing of a major hobby shop here, the owners stated that sales of everything have steadily dropped since the panic of 2008.

They closed due to projections that they would be unable to make the payroll in two more years of decline, and assessments of what additional costs were expected as various governmental programs kicked in over the next couple of years, increasing their overhead as well as further reducing the general public's ability to buy leisure items from anyone. The economy hasn't recovered and is being driven further down. Just paying the constantly increasing electric and heating bills became a challenge to a hobby shop as sales reduced.

I give that as background as to why the hobby industry has become so lean and so many suppliers have faded away recently, or moved overseas for production.

In general, increasingly, their former customers just can't afford it anymore. The economy needs to honestly fly along for a while instead of the several years of harsh limping while just pretending it's getting better that it's been doing since 2008.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Mar 21, 2015, at 6:45 AM, 'Armand' armprem2@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

    How do you account for the popularity of resin kits? Armand Premo