Re: paper models (was Re: Random Thoughts ...)

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Tim,

Clever Models has an HO or O-scale Clyde Puffer paper model: http://clevermodels.squarespace.com/models-gallery/ . Admittedly, this is a European design, but the superstructure could easily be reworked to something more American. This is a print-it-yourself kit.

Another print-it-yourself kit from Scalescenes makes several narrowboats in N or OO (which can be rescaled for HO): http://scalescenes.com/products/T018-Narrowboats-and-lock . These aren't quite as a adaptable to the US scene as the Puffer, but are interesting models.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 3/21/15 11:11 PM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] wrote:

Mike

There's some really cool stuff there -- I'm a real believer in paper for
building structures and I see from this web site there are SHIP MODELS too!
Paper is ideal IMO for a lot of applications like this for layouts because
it is cheap, light, and static -- i.e. it doesn't have to move around on
wheels or be handled. It's just there to serve as a backdrop for TRAINS. :-)

Tim O'Connor

 I was afraid I'd scare too many with that one. Its very complex.
 But it sure shows how complex curved surfaces can be done in materials one wouldn't expect to work.
 Best to ya,
 Mike Bauers
 Milwaukee, Wi

 There's a GG1` paper kit as well.